Thursday 27 July 2017

Medieval Cog Ship Crewel

 

 New lovable  Kelmscott scissors ! Tied with colourful cheerfulness from Yarn Yarn .
A scrap of linen from my hoard  .
A Chenille needle with a golden eye  .  
Appleton's beautiful Crewel Wool.... the colours chosen as I progress .


           I'm still back in medieval times .  This time sailing on a medieval Cog ship .

  

                 The design is from the Seal of Stralsund and the date is 1329 .
                I want to bring it to life with lots of medieval colour .


                    I embroidered his little face first , to bring him to life .
              He can keep me company and tell me his tales of the sea whilst I stitch .



No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from you and always do my best to reply .

Angel Wings Silk