Sunday 22 October 2017

Anglo-Saxon Brooch Progress


I,m stitching all the guide lines and thinking about the colours that were used in Anglo-Saxon glass and enamel .... the things that were added in the making of the glass , such as iron, manganese , magical cobolt for that gorgeous blue , lead , copper , tin ,antimony .
I want to try and get those beautiful colours .


 Snuggled up on my bed with my hot water bottle and my little friend , listening to Enya , while outside the storm rages .

Actually the storm (Brian) didn't hit us too hard here in Mullion , but brushed past us , still it was wild out . We took a drive to see the waves from a safe distance . Here looking over Poldhu and across to Gunwalloe .


           The tide was going out actually , here looking over Mullion Harbour .


        I used three shades of this green  421 422 and 424 Appleton's crewel wool .


                                         ...and took out my new red scissors !


I suppose  you could say that I,m doing padded satin stich here , but the lines are so thin . I did long stitches for the under stitches  but I,m not really making this padded or raised .


That was all quite tedious , so next I,m going to reward myself with a delightful bit . Those zoomorphic doves .....at least that is what I think they are ....
                         ....... What  do you think ?
 ..The sun just came out and the wind has gone ..blue sky ...we're off to church .
Have a lovely Sunday all !

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from you and always do my best to reply .

Angel Wings Silk