Friday 10 November 2017

Anglo-Saxon Brooch crewel continued ....


 My friend and I  ( and the dogs ) enjoyed a hearty lunch of sausages and bubble,n,squeak , followed by a beautiful Autumnal walk over at Trelissick Gardens yesterday . We both agreed that it did us so much good !
 It was so nice . I just wish that I,d remembered to bring my camera !
 She treated me to this sweet little cast iron mouse !  He is already being very helpful !

I have finished the main embroidery part of this now and am trying to find all the bits and bobs that I will need , to make this up into a useful little needle-case/brooch .
This has mostly been needle-painting and I have tried to stay true to the brooch as it is today , with all the knocks it's taken over the centuries .
   It must have been truly beautiful before the copper oxidised ....although I do love the green too .
   I really need to turn my thoughts to Christmas now ,with Advent fast approaching and finish this in the New Year .
   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from you and always do my best to reply .

Time to stitch and relax 🌿